RE: Steering Wheel Rehab

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Steering Wheel Rehab
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:11:00 -0500 from [4.12.36.162] at Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:11:01 -0600
I have a book written by Jack Turpin in 1981 I purchased from one Moss or
The Roadster Factory.  It is an excellent book covering all aspects of
steering wheel restoration.  It recommends using PC-7 for the repairs after
"V" grooving any cracks.  It then recommends using a polyester primer with a
catalyst hardener such as "eleminator" or "Feather Fill".  Finally he
recommends RM. Dupont or Ditzler for paint selection, in acrylic lacquer to
be able to sand out any mistakes.  Pretty involved procedure but his results
speak for themselves.  His "after" pictures look great!  I personally
haven't restored a wheel myself, but I did use the PC-7 for some small
repairs and it works great.  The book (almost a pamphlet) is copyrighted so
I don't think it is ethical to copy it, but it was printed in 1981 in
Atlanta, GA with the following address for him:
Jack Turpin
8260 Hewlett Rd
Dunwoddy, GA 30338

I have absolutely no financial or other interest with the book and don't
even know Jack.  Just passing some info along.

Pete