Re: Steering Wheel Rehab

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Rehab
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:49:02 -0500
Terry,
The steering wheel on my 60 TR3 was worse than you describe. Not only were
there some serious cracks and check in the Bakelite, the wheel was badly bent.
I straightened it using a vice and some leverage (trying not to destroy it
further, then repaired the Bakelite with standard garden variety epoxy.
After the epoxy set, I filed and sanded to shape and applied a coat of paint.
After painting, I laced up the wheel with a leather cover that I bought from
Moss.
The wheel looks and feels great and cost about $18.00 to do.
FWIW
Bob Stahlbush