Re: TR3A Wiring Harness Grommets

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Wiring Harness Grommets
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:26:21 -0700
David Willett wrote:

>A quick question before I screw this up: is it best to install the
>firewall grommets for the wiring harness onto the wiring harness
>before threading it through the firewall, or  to install the grommets
>into the firewall and then thread the wiring harness through them?

I ran the harness thru the firewall (from inside out) then put the
grommet over the engine portion of the harness and slid it back and
installed it in it's hole on the firewall.

To prevent damage to the harness when dragging it thru the bare firewall
hole (ISTR it was a snug fit in spots) I cut a piece from a plastic
gallon milk bottle and formed it into a cone shape -- sorta an elongated
funnel -- and place the 'funnel' in the firewall hole so the wires would
slide thru easily.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ