Re: TR3A Wiring Harness Grommets

To: David Willett <willgray@mail.region.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Wiring Harness Grommets
From: Bob labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:10:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David Willett wrote:
> A quick question before I screw this up: is it best to install the
> firewall grommets for the wiring harness onto the wiring harness
> before threading it through the firewall, or  to install the grommets
> into the firewall and then thread the wiring harness through them?
> Thank you in advance
>   dave

Dave,

I put the grommets on the harness first and then positioned the harness.

I put tape on the firewall openings to protect the harness during
installation. Once the harness was in place, removed the tape and
positioned the grommets accordingly.

This was done back in 1980 and have suffered no "shorts" since.

You have to be carefull with Lucas!

This was my preference only. I am not sure if the manual states any
different.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V