RE: tool for machining a part

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tool for machining a part
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:33:24 -0800
> So, I need to countersink the 3 bolt heads into the adapter to
> mount it on the
> manifold.  I COULD drill out a hole, then drill a much wider spot to
> countersink the head.  However a drill would leave a slightly
> conical bottom.
> Is there something to use to make a flat bottom hole in the adapter?

The tool you want is called a counterbore, should be available from any
machinists supply house
http://www.mcmaster.com/
and maybe
http://www.mcmaster.com/
(but their site seems to be down at the moment and I'm too lazy to go find
the paper catalog)

Seem to be a pretty common surplus item too, I've got a complete set I
picked out at the local "Aero surplus" house.  EBay would probably be
another place to look.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2598375859

Randall