Fw: brake master cylinder

To: "Andrew Taylor" <ataylor@mail.hrca.harvard.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>
Subject: Fw: brake master cylinder
From: "Larry Plott" <lplott@triad.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:19:26 -0500
> White Post charges $185.00 to rebuild a M/C and this includes resleeving
for
> $55.00, the kit sells for less than $10.00, now is it worth $125.00 to put
> the kit in, I think not.  "FT"

An excellent point is made that, if there is no pitting on the inside walls
of the cylinder/caliper it makes more sense to rebuild yourself.  It
certainly is easy enough to do.  If, however, you find pitting, scoring or
other significant damage, I would recommend having the unit sleeved and
rebuilt outside rather than trying to "make it work".  I don't recall the
prices being quite as high as previously stated, however, like everything
else, prices only tend to go up.

Larry Plott
1967 TR4A-IRS
1966 E-Type 2+2