Re: octane/timing/performance

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: octane/timing/performance
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:44:36 +0100
Hi Peter
I don't know if this is any help, I run a 2000 Saloon, original head no seat
mods on what is rated 96 ron, runs a treat, no pinking at all on 9 deg
advanced Spec is 8 deg, however my 2.5PI will only run on full fat (super
unleaded) rated 98 / 99 ron or she pinks like mad! The theoretical CR is
10:1 ish so not a real surprise. Our Dolomite Sprint is also on diet gas and
is running fine on book spec timing. We also have a Spitfire but I couldn't
tell you if it pinks 'cause you wouldn't hear it over the crank death
rattle!
I would say give it a go if it pinks or you notice reduced power then go
back to full fat!

Graham.