my TR4 towed home...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: my TR4 towed home...
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 07:49:13 -0400
I've seen it all now...failure of a 1 year old ignition rotor left me
stranded.  As crazy as it sounds it is true.  I dug through my spares and
switched back to the "old" rotor button and she purred.  Just to make sure
it was the button and not an intermittent loose/ground wire, I put the
suspect button back in: nothing. I actually did that twice as I tested both
of my "old" rotor buttons.

I'm actually glad it happened.  I had been suffering from intermittent
mis-fires and "spitting" once the engine was at operating temperature.
Those are now gone and we enjoyed a nice drive in the TR yesterday.

I have never had or seen an ignition rotor completely "fail".  The part is
clean as a whistle - strange but true.

Tim
'62 TR4