Re: my TR4 towed home...

To: "Tim Tucker" <timtucker@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: my TR4 towed home...
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:31:41 -0700
> I have never had or seen an ignition rotor completely "fail".  The part is
> clean as a whistle - strange but true.
>
> Tim
> '62 TR4

Seems to be a fairly common problem with modern replacement parts.  I had
the same thing happen with my TR4 last year.  Luckily, it was a few blocks
from home so I was able to walk back and get the old cap and rotor.

If I remember correctly, the parts that failed were non-Lucas replacement
parts.  I'm pretty sure that I then purchased a Lucas cap and rotor and
everything was fine.

Anyone else on the list care to corroborate this theory?

Paul W.
Torrance, CA
1964 TR4
1956 TR3