RE: my TR4 towed home...

To: "David Brister" <brister@tiscali.fr>, "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: my TR4 towed home...
From: "Tim Tucker" <timtucker@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:00:27 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pattern rotor arms  from wherever are prone to failure without notice, as I
have found out a few times in the last ten years. If you possibly can find
them it's safest to get OEM Lucas rotor arms.
I apologise for repeating myself to the list but it's important that the
newer listers know about this.

David Brister
1967 TR4A

David,
Couldn't agree more..VERY important lesson here.  I checked my receipts and
the failed rotor button was a non-Lucas (a major vendor had back-ordered it
on me), and my local parts store said they could get me one.  Well, they got
me one alright.

I agree with Paul's theory..non Lucas rotors are failing at an alarming
rate.

This was the first time I had put a non-Lucas rotor on my TR.  It will also
be my last..:)  I've owned the TR for 23 years...I had never been left
stranded until last Sunday.

Tim