Ignition Warning Light Wiring

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Warning Light Wiring
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:42:40 -0500
Greetings...

The ignition warning light on my TR4 has never worked.  I decided to try to
track down the problem this evening.  Using a voltmeter, I determined that I
don't have a circuit connection between the control box (terminal D) and the
lamp.  There is a brown/yellow wire on the lamp base that disappears into my
wiring harness, and then a single brown/yellow wire connected to terminal D
on the control box (that I assume comes from the generator).  The wiring
diagram would seem to indicate two separate brown/yellow wires connecting at
terminal D (one from the generator and one from the warning light).  My
wiring harness looks fairly unmolested from the lamp to the control box.  Is
there supposed to be another wire?

BTW, when I do connect a length of wire from the lamp to the control box, it
seems to function correctly (on at ignition on and low rpms, and off as rpms
increase).  The white wire from the light base to the ignition switch is in
place and connected properly.

TIA

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas