Re: Ignition Warning Light Wiring

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Re: Ignition Warning Light Wiring
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:20:33 -0500
Geo,

It's the brown wire with a yellow stripe.  I guess my question is, does the
wire from the ignition warning light run all the way to the control box and
connect to terminal D separately from the wire from the generator, or is it
spliced into that wire (from the generator) somewhere in the wiring harness
(before it reaches the control box).

How is it set up on your TR4?  Do you have two brown wires (w/ yellow
stripes) connected to the voltage regulator or just one?  In looking at some
engine bay photos in various books I have, it would appear that there are
indeed two separate connections.  It's probably a mute point anyway, since I
know mine's not working, and I really don't want to start removing the
wrapping on my wiring harness to track it down.  I'll probably just run a
new wire from the bulb base to the control box and be done with it.  I was
just curious about the second wire at the control box, since it doesn't
appear to me that my wiring harness has ever been apart at that point.

Thanks,

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4
CT19389L
www.geocities.com/tr4_1963

> >...There is a brown/yellow wire on the lamp base that disappears into my
> >wiring harness, and then a single brown/yellow wire connected to terminal
> >on the control box (that I assume comes from the generator)...
> >
> Do you mean a Brown wire with a Yellow tracer... or a brownish-yellow
> wire (one color) that may have been yellow 30 years ago?

Check out the new British Cars Forum: