Clutch Fork pin questions

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch Fork pin questions
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:58:46 -0800
This will probably just be the first of many questions as I undertake this
transmission transplant operation, so please bear with me.

The "new" transmission has a broken fork pin (how that happened in the
20,000 miles the transmission is supposed to have on it, I have no idea),
but the problem is I can't get the clutch fork out. There is enough of the
pin still in that the fork won't move on the arm and no amount of
encouragement with a BFH seems to help. I'm thinking the only answer is to
cut the arm and replace both parts, but if there is a trick that will allow
me to salvage them, please let me know.

Also, the infamous article on the Buckeye site on cross drilling the clutch
fork doesn't seem to be there anymore. Does anyone have a copy they can send
me?  (I do have Randall's description on his post to the list last June).

Thanks,
Bob