Re: Wiper's carbon blocks-which way grooves go?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wiper's carbon blocks-which way grooves go?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:31:27 -0600 reply-type=response
> When I took my TR3 wiper motor apart to renew the red wire one of those
> brush/blocks was missing.  Found it looking brand new down in the bottom
> of the housing.  The wiper appeared to have worked for more than 40 years
> with just the bracket running against the commutator on one side and a
> brush in place on the other.  Conclusion:  It probably isn't real fussy
> about which way it is in there.

When my wipers finally gave up the ghost, I pulled the cover off the box to
see if I could figure out what the problem was.  Hmmm... the springs and the
little fiber board spring holder thingies were gone.  The brushes were held
against the commutator with some twisted insulated wire.  I'm sure glad I
didn't know about that when I was driving it home from Florida during the
thunderstorms. :)

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L