Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumphs List), jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:29:41 +0000
Hmmm, was this optional "flasher" a separate piece of hardware?  If so, what
whas it?  As far as I can tell, the "flash-to-pass" is a function of the
lighting switch.  The one that is "off/ parking lights/ headlights.  When the
stalk is pulled toward the driver then it switches a separate circuit.  Whe
wiring diagram shows this separate circuit energizing the headlights before the
dip switch, so it ought to power either the lows or highs depending on the
position of the dip switch.  In other words, nothing will flash if you already
have your hedlights on (at high or low).

The way it actually works is that it energizes the high beams only, so you will
get a flash at all times except if you have the highs beams on (in which case
you are unlikely to actually need the flash to pass feature).  So, the wiring
diagram is wrong, and the separately energized circuit enters the high beam
wiring somewhere AFTER the dip switch.

An undocumented feature worthy of Microsoft!

-Tony