Re: Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"

To: <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:20:18 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
I think that the US DOT may have "forced" Triumph to leave this
functionality out.

Don't think so, Chris. A headlamp flasher was an optional extra for US spec
TR4A's, just as was IRS. I remember coding HF on production indent dockets
many many times. One of those oddball imponderables that was no doubt
entirely logical to the marketing people of the day, but not you and me :)
To further compound the illogicality, ISTR a flasher was a standard feature
on Spitfires and GT6 for the same market. 4A's going to everywhere else got
a flasher as a normal line fit.

Jonmac

"I have only once followed a rigid, cholesterol-free diet and it was the
most ghastly afternoon I can ever remember"       Denis Norden

---