Re: Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:56:49 -0600
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 9:46 PM

> My (built in) '66 does this - pull back and the high beams come on,
> no matter what. There's no stock relay, but I have a vague memory
> of having to connect a wire under the dash to make this work -
> I think that the US DOT may have "forced" Triumph to leave
> this functionality out.

It worked on my '66 Rover 2000TC.  I don't think the Feds forced
manufacturers to do much of anything before January 1 1968.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"TOOLS?  Hell, any fool can work with tools.  It takes a real mechanic to
work with this junk." -Orv Ethier, 1921-2004.  First Shot Naval Vets, Pearl
Harbor Survivor.