RE: TR4 badge bar / fog light mount

To: <ScharfR@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 badge bar / fog light mount
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:19:17 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> iARLKQAC003065
Bob --

Can you please share what you learn with the rest of the group.  I'm in the
same situation, and have been scouring books and web sites to try and figure
out how the lamps were originally mounted on TR4s.  The Sebring/Daytona cars
seem to have used a piece of angle iron bolted across the bumper mounts on
the body, but that is a bit crude for my taste, and I want to retain the
bumper.  I haven't found much else in the way of substantive detail. Right
now I'm thinking that a fabricated "L" bracket that peeks out from under the
bumper is the best option, but I haven't figured out any of the details of
where or how it would be attached to the car.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4
1974 2000 GTV
Ann Arbor, MI