no can shift!!!

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: no can shift!!!
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:59:43 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> iATE1EAC001884
Message text written by "Oliver"
>when you put in the clutch, the lever sticking out of the tranny moves an
>inch or so, so am i correct in thinking the hydraulics are working ok?

No.  The question is: is it working over the right one inch?

>also, when i bled it, unlike the brakes which gave me a good squirt every
>time, sometimes i would get a decent squirt, sometimes just a dribble.

Question: if you drive the car until the clutch no longer disengages enough
to allow you to shift then open the bleeder does this fix the problem (even
temporarily)?  If so then I would suspect the little cup that seals off the
passage to the reservoir is not being drawn away from the end of the
cylinder when the pedal is released.

But then I know nothing about the hydraulics used in this car but seeing as
how the inspiration for the design for these cars were the LBC's I'd be
suprised if it were seriously different.

But take Randall's advice and have a look at the hydraulics.  Much easier
and cheaper than anything else.

And George's advice about the hose is good even though the symptoms are
usually different.

Dave