RE: TR5

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR5
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:21:32 -0800
> The recent post by Phil Ethier about his TR5 raised some questions and he
> suggested I post them to the list. I know of a collector in
> search of a TR5 and
> told him that most of what he would find (if anything) would be
> RH drive. I've
> since found that there were some exports to Canada that later
> found their way
> into the US and would be LH drive. How accurate is this?

There were at least 7 LHS TR5s imported into the US around 68-69.  I've
forgotten the name of the person responsible offhand (as I recall he wound
up in jail), but there were at least a few.  I don't know if any survive
(although ISTR Charles Runyon's TR5 is LHS).

Beware of fakes, as there are quite a few more of those around.  Was one on
eBay a couple years back, that was exposed as a fraud on this list.

The injection system was essentially the same as that used on non-US-spec
TR6.

Randall