Alternator Conversion

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Alternator Conversion
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:06:19 -0500
Seeing as I'm installing Dan's Wiring Harness, I figure it's time to upgrade
my alternator to the GM equivalent. In shopping around the various auto
parts stores, I'm finding a wide range of product and pricing.

AutoZone sells Duralast @ $45 and Valucraft @ $24. Advance Auto Parts has
Palladium @ $35, OE Quality @ $38, Autolite Pro @ $49 and AC Delco Reman @
$108. NAPA has NAPA Power Supreme @ $88 and NAPA Power Reman @ $60.

They all carry at least a 1 year warranty and are drop in replacements (or
so they say), so does price really matter? Does anyone have any experience
with any of these brands?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6