TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumphs List)
Subject: TR4A headlight switch "flash to pass"
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:13:20 +0000
On my bone stock original TR4a the headlight switch, when pluued back to the
driver will energize both the low beam and the high beam (only if the low beam
is active as far as I can tell.  I can not rule-out that it simply energizes
the highs and drops the lows.)  When I do this with the low beams on, I can
hear something that sounds like a relay click under the passenger dash
somewhere.

Another non-original TR4a does not do this at all, pulling the stalk does
nothing.

I looked at the wiring diagram and I see nothing suggesting a connection to any
relay.  So, what is happening with the "flash to pass" function here?

How do I make the non-original car function in the palsh to pass mode?

-Tony