Pinion Seal Replacement - Update

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pinion Seal Replacement - Update
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj123@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:26:41 -0600 reply-type=original
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:return-path:message-id:from:to:subject:date:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer:x-mimeole; b=GN35wIQtzsSXIXM4SPeJLquzNsR99w0WMh5KQvaD4sN4pWg0hGCBtN5XmxBeieqEcOizk9UPeK5amXMsztoe78Q+RLlv9kvnJEkgfkzRXPba2LT8PhY0wjroRHyd4fGAbYiiNe8QGgcN+4E7RpHImg1HrXM7YTaKD/4aG20eO+M=
Well, I managed to get the rear seal out this morning - using the sheet
metal screw / slide hammer method.  This was after trying to pry it out.
After mangling the old seal pretty badly with an assortment of screw drivers
(without budging it), I was shocked at how easily it came out with the slide
hammer.

Thanks everyone who offered advice (on and off list), and a special thanks
to Jim Hassall who was kind enough to give me a phone call and explain the
process in detail.

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L