DVD 'Flywheel' with TR3A on the Case

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: DVD 'Flywheel' with TR3A on the Case
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:01:54 -0800
     Okay, I just watched the DVD "Flywheel" My wife saw right through it as a
TR3A is in the opening scenes with the titles. I really enjoyed it, but I have
to issue warnings and disclaimers.

     1. It is a low budget amateurish movie written, produced and directed by
the lead actor. Either he or another family member also wrote the sound track
and did a good job. It looks like it was filmed with a camcorder.

     2. It is a Christian movie about a crooked man's conversion to
Christianity with lots of prayer scenes and scripture.

     3. The TR3 is pivotal in the movie because the flywheel is bad and the
motor won't start (why didn't they just push start it?) and the man lacks a
relationship with God is bad and nothing is working right in his life and
family. The flywheel (actually a bolt-on ring gear) is symbolic of man's
relationship with Christ. There are a variety of scenes with the TR3,
especially a several minute scene at the end.

     4. Because of the pivotal nature of the Triumph in the movie, I am
curious is the writer, director, producer, composer Christian guy is a Triumph
buff. I mean, he could have picked a Corvette or a Mustang, but chose the TR3A
instead.

     I am a Christian and liked it, corniness and all. If you are not a
Christian, you won't make it far in the movie. I might buy the DVD and donate
it to my Evangelical church's library, but everyone there will know who bought
it for sure.

     FWIW.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, California