RE: TR4A wiring questions

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR4A wiring questions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:12:47 -0800
> 1.    Which terminal on the starter solenoid does the red/white wire
> attach to?  The starter side of the solenoid (which would be the same as
> where the brown wire goes) or the solenoid body terminal (not apparently
> connected to the starter side)?

There are several different styles of solenoid around, but they should all have
a smaller side terminal that gets the white/red wire from the starter switch.
The brown wire from the ammeter goes on the same large terminal as the battery
cable.  The other large terminal is connected only to the starter.

> 2.    Which side of the coil does the white harness wire connect to?
> (I think positive, and the high tension lead connects to neg, but I
> can't remember).

The white harness wire (from the ignition switch) attaches to the "+" or
positive terminal of the coil.  There should be a black wire from the "-" or
negative terminal of the coil to the side of the distributor; while the high
tension lead goes to the high tension terminal in the center of the coil.

HTH
Randall Y