RE: Assembly lube

To: "'Angelo Graham'" <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>,
Subject: RE: Assembly lube
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:21:17 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 8:04 AM
To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Assembly lube

Hello List:
Happy New Year to all.
Wondering what listers have been using for assembly lube in motor
rebuilding? Need something that will cling to parts and surfaces as the
engine sits over the winter. I have heard that the Lucas (no, not that
one!) oil products, especially the oil fortifier is pretty sticky and is

recommended as an assembly lube.
Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Angelo Graham
'55 TR2

Back in the 60's we would use a product called Lubra-Plate (probably
misspelled) that was made for marine engines.  It would adhere to the
parts so they stayed lubricated until the oil began circulating.  It was
particularly good for protecting the engine if it was not going to be
fired up right away.

Using oil is not particularly bad if the engine is going to be started
up immediately but if it was going to sit around for any length ort
time, the it will run into the pan and leave the bearing parts dry.

Joe