(Sit down) Miata seats in a TR3?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Sit down) Miata seats in a TR3?
From: Jim Wallace <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:50:00 -0500
I could go with (totally) redoing my TR3a seats - which would involve
patching the pans, and complete kits from springs (or foam base) through
covers.
Then I would have originality - but this is not critical to me. More so, is
long distance comfort. I want to be able to walk after driving several
hundred miles/kms. For the $ involved, now I am thinking I might be about
even to find a set of Miata/MX5 seats. (oh, the horror!)
Anyone know if they fit?
I must qualify all this by saying I have never driven a TR3a any distance
(or at all actually) nor have I driven a Miata/MX5 anyplace - so the
comfort thing is all a bunch of assumptions. But for sure, dropping a set
of already OK seats in place would save me time and hassle. And I think I
have seen Miata seats in red, which I would want.
TIA,
Jim