GT6 Stromberg Carbs

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 Stromberg Carbs
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:48:38 -0600
I have run across more questions as I rebuild the Stromberg carbs on my
68 GT6.

First, is there any reason to take apart the starter assembly? I haven't
seen any exploded diagrams of it, so I assume there is nothing to
replace in it.

Second,  as I was rebuilding the carbs I noticed that there is a gasket
for the starter assembly (goes between the assembly and the carb body)
in the rebuild kit.  Turns out that neither of the carbs had the gasket
installed when I took them apart.  When doing the first one, I decided
it had been left out accidentally.  Now I am not sure.  As I look at
exploded views of carbs, some seem to have the gasket shown others do
not.  Is there a reason to when they are installed?  Should I install
them on mine?

Third, on the second carb the throttle shaft wobbles quite a bit.  I
have seen over sized shafts and bushing kits for SUs but I can't find
anything like that for the CD 150 Strombergs ( I spotted something for
175s)..  How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks for the help.

Roger Elliott
68 GT6