Rocker problem-update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rocker problem-update
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:57:28 +0000
Taking list advice I removed the rocker unit with the aluminium
pedestals and replaced it with the original cast items. I also used
the original rockers, but kept the replacement shaft (better
condition) and the replacement springs (much heavier duty than
original). Built everything up, bolted down to spec. hay presto,
clearance!! on all tappets. Although I measured with a micrometer the
height of the different pedestals and found very little in it, I am
wondering if the aluminium compresses slightly when torqued down.
That should be that but all the examination in this area has me now
wondering if my cam timing is correct. Is there a way of checking
this with the timing cover in place?
Thanks for all te help
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)