Cam timing revisited

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cam timing revisited
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:08:30 +0000
With all the work on my rocker set up I am beginning to think I may
not have set the cam timing correctly. Can somebody clarify a few
points for me please.
1. Standing at the front of the engine, facing the crank pulley,
which way does the engine rotate in normal operation, clock or anti
clock?
2. If when setting my cam with my timing disc bolted to the crank,
having found true TDC on crank and point of balance on the cam. I
then rotate the crank Anticlockwise to the relevant position
108degrees I think. Is this the correct direction of rotation?
3. Is there a way of checking cam timing with everything back in
place, i.e timing cover, cyl. head?

Thanks for indulging what may at this stage becoming a bit of a pain.
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)