Re: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO LBC: Irony can be so ironic sometimes
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:11:23 +0000
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, at around 23:57:18 local time, Graham Stretch
<technical-iwnet@wight365.net> wrote:
>Hi Mike
>I always thought the best way to focus a drivers attention on safe driving
>practices would be to replace that big soft bag thing in front of us with a
>spike! No one is going to be careless faced with that! 8-()>
>
>As a related diversion, I have had a '95 BMW 5 series Touring (estate) for a
>couple of months and in that time have had more stupid moments than in the
>last couple of years of driving LBC.

Funny you should say that.   I had an '89 Saab 9000S a few years ago,
and found myself constantly doing stupid things in it.   The most
idiotic was when I was trying to squeeze the car into a tight parking
space, and reversed straight into the car behind me.   The other driver
was sitting in his car, so we both got out, and checked for damage (none
found), I apologised profusely, got back into the Saab, and did it
again...

>BTW the car is green but I do not think green cars are unlucky!!!

In our area green cars are quite unlucky, but red cars are by far the
most unlucky.   Local yobs have apparently invented a game called "car
snooker", where they steal or vandalise cars in order, according to
colour.   For every yellow, green, brown, blue, pink (pink?!), or black
car they hit, they've got to hit a red car first.   No wonder everyone
now seems to be buying those shiny grey cars that are mistakenly called
"silver"!

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671