Prewar Rover-Need Englishmen's Advice On Pricing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Prewar Rover-Need Englishmen's Advice On Pricing
From: bbrewer@qnet.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:21:14 -0800
     I have recently run across a pre-was Rover in #2 or #3 condition. It is a
1939 four door (suicide doors) with a very large sunroof. RHD. Some cracking in
the paint, but the red leather interior looks good, as does all of the wood.
The car was brought back over by an American Air Corps officer after WW2 and
sat in his garage for about 40 years before being brought back to life. It
appears all original and has no know rust or other issues that I can see.
     It is difficult to determine the value of a car like this in the states.
What would this car be worth in the UK?
     Any listers have any ideas on what the car would be worth in the states?
     The car runs well and appears quite usable in its current condition, as
long as lack of freeway speeds aren't a concern.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA