Re: What's wrong w/ old carb needles?

To: Dave1massey@cs.com
Subject: Re: What's wrong w/ old carb needles?
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:53:13 -0800
Yes, I could see that - I was of course assuming that the needle was
centered - and that normal wear was encountered - Although, if the needle
is in fact centered - and not one of the biased type emission needles,
there really shouldn't be any wear since nothing *should* be in contact
with anything :-)
>   If the needle is worn at the base and not further down the taper AND the
>carb mixture is set (at idle, of course) the mixture will be correct for
>idle but lean as the piston and needle move up in response to more air flow.

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)