Re: 63 TR4 Steel Wheel Color

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 63 TR4 Steel Wheel Color
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:13:58 EST
Hi Jim,

My TR4 is CT17602L and was built in late October, 1962. With the rate of
production that year (nearly 16,000 units), subtracting 600, I would
guesstimate
yours was built in September or very early October, '62.

Also, I have a spare wheel that *might* be original to my car, and appears to
have originally been painted silver. I can't swear to the wheel being
original, since I bought the car when it was already 14-15 years old and all
four of
the running wheels fitted at the time were chrome 14" x 7" mags. I do know
this wheel was in the trunk for as long as I've owned the car.

The spare wheel was repainted black at some point, then silver again on top
of that. It doesn't look like any previous paint has ever been stripped off. In
fact, the tire still mounted on it looks like it might have been original,
too!

Do you have a wheel that you are certain is original to your car? Could you
do some scraping through layers of paint to see what's under any top coats?

I hope this helps.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm

From: "James Henningsen" <trguy@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: 63 TR4 Steel Wheel Color

To those who responded - thanks for the wheel color info. My commission
number is CT17004L. Anyone know what month of production that might be, so I
can determine of the wheels are silver or spa white??
Thanks
Jim Henningsen
Maitland, FL
63 TR4 (CT17004L)