re: gt6 body removal

To: davis.heglund@honeywell.com
Subject: re: gt6 body removal
From: "Tobin, Greg" <Greg.Tobin@trizetto.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:29:42 -0700
  When I took the body off of my GT6, iinitially it was a simple matter of
putting the body on three saw horses, one at the very front, one at the rear
of the floor, and one at the very rear of the body.  The rear one had a
height difference of one 2x4 turned sideways from the other sawhorses.  Two
people could pick it up (provided the doors were off and the interior was
empty), one holding the front, the other holding the back.  The tub is quite
rigid, so there's no worry of anything bending like a spitfire.  It's
surprisingly light too, when it's compeltely stripped.

   Later I built a dolly for it out of 2x4's and casters so I could move it
about the garage.  Essentially, it's just a frame box with wheels, as long
as the body, and 3 feet high.  Screws through the floor to hold it down, and
it's quite moveable.  The drawback is that the underneath isn't easy to get
to, but right now, that;s not a concern.

Greg Tobin