Water pump interchanges

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Water pump interchanges
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:39:17 -0000
I have a customer who's asked if I can obtain a water pump for his Series 3
Standard Vanguard. To those of you who don't know this model, it uses the
familiar 4 cylinder wet liner engine with a 2088cc capacity.
I don't have a parts list for this vehicle, but I can cross reference to the
Standard Atlas Major which has the same pump listed under part number
501108. Does anyone know specifically what is different between this pump
and the TR2-4 item,  501488? According to the illustration I have, the pump
body, impeller, bearings and pulley are common, however the spindle and the
internal seal are not.
I am inclined to suggest that the TR pump will fit, however if anyone can
offer an opinion I would be grateful. I don't have a TR pump here to compare
against,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics