Re: TR Starter and Flywheel

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: TR Starter and Flywheel
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:17:11 -0500
Not sure which car you're talking about, but it's my understanding that the
TR250 had a pull type
starter with the gear bevels towards the rear. The TR6 changed (not sure when)
to a push type
starter but Triumph never reversed the gear bevel to match, so all the TR6's
"look" to have their
gear ring on backwards. I guess Triumph didn't think it made any difference.

Don Malling