RE: Next Problem

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Next Problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:26:54 -0800
> The  rear brake adjuster (passenger side) on the TR6 is "frozen"  I
> can't  get it to turn in either  direction, I am assuming I have to
> remove the brake drum and try to free up what ever is causing the
> jam.  Is there any short cut that might help??

If the drum will come off, IMO that's the quickest, easiest method of dealing
with it.  With the drum off, you can unbolt the adjuster and deal with it
separately, or just replace it.

If the drum won't come off, you can try soaking the threads in PB Blaster or
SiliKroil and trying to wiggle it for a few days (or weeks).  Liberal
application of heat may help too (but note that PB-B & SK are flammable).

When reassembling, be sure to smear both the threads and the sides of the wedges
with anti-seize.

Randall