Re: Next Problem

To: anabil@caltel.com, rmcbride@twmi.rr.com, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Next Problem
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:07:19 EST
In a message dated 1/23/2005 2:03:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
anabil@caltel.com writes:

Removed  the brake drum, and the adjuster can be easily moved
from the inside with  a screwdriver, so the only thing "frozen" must
be the adjustment screw  itself...applied liberal  rust remover, but
the thing seems to have  been painted, I  need to get a "proper"
square wrench so   I  don't  screw up the adjuster  ...  My mistake on
the transmission drain, there is one ... duh  ... it has been a long
week ...

Thanks for all the advice

=======
Bill, I've yet to come across a Girling adjuster that I couldn't
save/"restore" to proper function, and I've "brought back" literally dozens of
them. ;-)

Propane torch heat has always been enough to free up the most stubborn one.
Then I completely disassemble, clean and reassemble. I've always used white
lithium grease on all moving parts of the adjustor.

As for turning the post, until you get a "proper" wrench, try using the
biggest (like, say, a 12") adjustable wrench. Those bigger adjustables will
have
a deep enough pair of jaws to keep from rounding off the post.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)