Re: sheet metal nuts and bolts

To: Harlyred1@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: sheet metal nuts and bolts
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:34:07 -0500
In a message dated 1/28/2005 9:50:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Harlyred1@aol.com writes:

>Hi all,
>Right before the last storm I moved my 60 TR3 into my crowded garage. I had
>a radiator recored as the old one was leaking.
> It has taken me way too long to remove the front apron...
>My question for those who have "been there done that", does anyone see a
>problem with replacing these sheet metal fasteners with a regular nut and bolt
>
>set up?

New "cages" are available and not horribly pricey. I'd think the convenience of
having them in place would make all the difference. Not having done recently
what you're doing, I don't hava a vivid recollection of the pain and anguish,
but it seems to me that getting AND HOLDING AND TIGHTENING a nut or bolt into
some of those spots would be difficult at best.

But perhaps those with more experience can comment further. ;-)

--Andy Mace