RE: Sheet metal nuts and bolts

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Sheet metal nuts and bolts
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:57:31 -0500
Back in 1968, while in college, I removed the front fender of my '58 TR3
to clean it up before fiberglassing over the hole(s) in the fender.
Naturally I had trouble with captive nuts, some of which I destroyed.
I used the biggest butterfly wall anchors I could find that fit through
the holes and used them in places where I could not put my hand to hold
the nut.   Sooo, if anyone has removed a fender on a '58 TR3 and
wondered what DPO did that, now you know.  I've always wondered if the
vehicle still existed.

Ron L