TR4 (plastic) fan on TR3 / Oil Coolers and Exhaust Selection

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 (plastic) fan on TR3 / Oil Coolers and Exhaust Selection
From: Dave Speed <dspeed@4speeds.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:18:29 -0700
Some time ago the collective wisdom was to use the yellow plastic in hot
climes to increase cooling.

As I start re-assembly, I'm looking at the fan question now.  Does the
plastic fan use a shorter spool piece (that I don't have)?  How close is
too close?  I'm looking at approx 1/4 in now; closer than I am comfortable
with.

By slightly relocating the holes in the mounting bracket, I could gain
another 1/2 to 3/4 inches of clearance.  In my mind, I don't see any big
problems with moving the rad forward a smidgen - am I missing
something?  Does anybody use rubber pads to help isolate the radiator from
the front end?  I seem to see a lot of vibration cracking up in the front end.

Where does one mount an oil cooler?  The only place that looks open would
seem to be in the 'mouth" in front of the radiator, but this does not seem
to be good from a visual or air flow perspective.

Thanks to all who responded on my exhaust systems.  I ordered a Falcon SS
system; may or may not use the secondary resonator depending on the sound.

Rules of the Evil Overlord #206. "When my Legions of Terror park their
vehicle  to do  reconnaissance on  foot,  they will  be instructed  to
employ The Club." <http://www.eviloverlord.com/>