Re: FW: separating b-j from vertical link

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: FW: separating b-j from vertical link
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:40:26 EST
In a message dated 1/29/2005 9:56:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

I'm kind  of surprised that no one has chimed in to again explain the "two
hammer"  method. It almost always works and does not require any special
tools.

The idea is to strike the part that has the tapered hole on both  sides
simultaneously. This slightly deforms that part and the tapered pin  pops
out. No damage is done to any part.
======
Usually works pretty well for me, too. I was taught this trick many years
ago by the owner of my favorite British Car Spares Recycler :-). He made it
look
 so easy...and, after a bit of practice, it really is!

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)