Re: TR3A Body Queries

To: <BearTranserv@aol.com>, <fpgowash@cox.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Body Queries
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:28:13 -0000
Robert Houston wrote:
> Another thing to consider is that some British car companies were not
above
> using up extra parts at the end of one year to build a following year's
car.

If the parts were not fundamental to the car's safety or infringed the
prevailing technical standards for the forthcoming model year, there is
nothing wrong with this. However, to suggest or imply any manufacturer
intentionally 'used up' parts with the express intention of passing off a
car as one model year when it wasn't - or to deceive buyers, is grossly
unjust. The US market - and indeed any other export market was vitally
important and any manufacturer who sought to deceive, put all his future
business in that market in absolute jeopardy. I feel (with respect) that
this is just another of those myths that seem to crop up on this list - and
only serves to misinform.

Jonmac