grose jet guts

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: grose jet guts
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 05:07:40 -0500
Hi,
I am currently rebuilding my SU H6 carbs.  The rebuild kit I've been using is
from Royze and is #SU-433 and came in a blue packet.  All the gaskets fit
correctly, however, the new guts of the small grose jet came of it's brass
housing unit.  On one end of the guts is a black-plastic point (looking like a
pencil point), and on the other end is a miniture BB.  Which end of these guts
faces up, effectively cutting off the fuel supply which is activated by the
float?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A