Re: grose jet guts

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: grose jet guts
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:33:40 EST
In a message dated 2/2/2005 9:36:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:

Surely  your not saying to 'throw the grose jet in the woods' are you?
Didn't
grose jets come on the car originally?

yes he is and no they didn't !

unfortunately grose jets seem to be included in all rebuild kits these  days.
I've seen fuel gush out of a Stromberg on my TR6 and I've had both
Strombergs on my TR8 flood the engine - in all cases because the carbs were
rebuilt
with grose jets that stuck open.
Well - okay, the TR8 carbs initially flooded with fuel in the floats, but i
had to take the carbs off again when the grose jets flooded them.

Personally i don't recommend throwing grose jets in the woods - i prefer
deep bodies of water - there's too much chance that a child or a dog or a  cat
might someday find them in the woods and bring them back - the ocean  might be
okay if you can take them far enough out to insure  that there's no chance the
tide might one day wash them back in - large  lakes or rivers should be okay -
 in any case i will never again allow any  of them anywhere near my cars!
ever!

Cheers
Jack Mc

PS - i say smash them with a sledge hammer before throwing them away - just
to be sure!