RE: carpet matting - TR3A

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: carpet matting - TR3A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:32:07 -0800
> I wonder, is there a way to protect the underlayment from water
> leakage?  It
> just seems that felt would more likely be ruined, whereas some kind of
> sturdy foam could be squeezed and dried?

Not sure if you noticed, Terry, I said it was synthetic (ie plastic) felt
... being wet doesn't seem to harm it.  When the floor does get wet enough
to soak the felt, I just take it out and lay it felt side up until it dries.

> ...Better, is there a way to seal the car so that in the kind of intense
> thunderstorms we get caught in in NH, that the carpet wouldn't get wet?

It's a ragtop, sooner or later it's going to get wet!  I actually don't own
anything that even pretends to be a weather-tight top (seals are shot on the
hardtop & it hasn't been on the car in many years) ... I've been known to
drive in the rain with the top down.

Randall