Re: Racing wheels

To: bgreen99@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: Racing wheels
From: Nicholas Wolf <nwolf@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:13:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi Billy
   I'm not sure if anyone answered your question about the bolt pattern...
   The 4.5" diagonal center-to-center measurement is the relevant one.  This is
the same as 114.3mm.  This is common to all TRs before the TR7, which has a
3.75" pattern like the Spitfire, GT6, etc.
   The 4.5" bolt circle can also be found on an MGA, MGB, TVR, Datsun 510 and
240Z, one year of Mazda RX7, and some very early Mustangs and Corvairs, among
other things.  There are also a few front-wheel-drive cars that use it,
including the Saab 99 and 900 and some Hondas and Toyotas, but the offset is
way different.

   Hope that helps!
-Nick