RE: Racing wheels

To: <Aledotr6@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Racing wheels
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:51:40 -0800
> What about the offset on these? Are they all the same as the TR's.

Might as well clarify to the entire list ... the list of cars I posted is
_only_ those believed to use the same bolt circle as the TR2-6 and Stag
(2000, 2.5, etc.)  Many of them are not even 15" wheels (in particular most
of the Ford & GM entries are 14", except the Festiva is 12").  Offsets vary
widely, I don't know if any of them are the same as any particular model of
Triumph (even TR2-6 aren't even all the same offset).  In particular, the
entries noted FWD will have large offsets and so probably not be suitable
for Triumphs.

Even if the bolt circle, offset and diameter match, you still have to worry
about interference with the calipers and hub on a TR.  The 15" compact spare
I got from the junkyard (possibly from a Nissan Maxima) hit the front
calipers on my TR3A.  Wheel swaps are not for the faint of heart, and you
have to be prepared for them not to fit when you get to your particular car.

Apologies to all for any confusion.

Randall