'60 TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '60 TR3
From: Harlyred1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:59:45 EST
Hi all ,
Looking for some BTDT advise. I have my car ion the garage. The engine and
tranny are out. The interior is out, all under bonnet wiring is off, apron is
off and today I am taking the front fenders off if I can get those %^&*  caged
nuts to semi coopertate. This started as a mission to replace the  radiator.
But the engine bay looked like crap and I was going to rebuild the  suspension
and steering anyway so this is as good a time as any.
This car HAS to be done by April 12th so I can drive it on my 50th.
Todays question: Has anyone purchaed The Roadsters Factory's "Magic" kit  for
the front suspension? It goes for $359.00 and as I see it, it pretty  much
replaces anything that needs replacing.
The rear main seal....I think this is really an "aw shit" on my rear main,
the bottom of the semi circular plate is chipped at the top. There are no signs
 of leaking comin from there. I have a lot of grease and oil under the car,
that  I really believe is from a bad oil pan gasket, as I see lots of "goop"
here I  should see gasket. The engine is on a stand now.
Thats al the questions for now, going to argue with some caged nuts for the
weekend.

Terry
Hampton Bays NY